Applications may be made to any one of the conveners,
and should include the following:
- A formal email, letter or fax stating that you wish to apply. Please
include the basic information about yourself listed on the GSA application
form, which may be viewed at http://www.geosociety.org/penrose/penform.htm
- A brief statement of interests and anticipated contribution to the
- An extended abstract. This may be up to approximately 1000 words in
length, and may contain additionally a few figures, tables and references.
Electronic submission of a PDF abstract is strongly preferred. If this
is a problem, please contact one of the conveners to negotiate some
other format or medium. The abstracts of successful applicants will
be posted on the Penrose Conference website.
- An indication of whether you wish to offer an oral presentation. Note
that the number of oral presentations will be very limited.
- An indication of whether you wish to contribute a poster. Posters
are strongly encouraged.
- An indication of whether you anticipate contributing to the post-conference
Proceedings, which will be published in book form as a volume of the
GSA's Special Papers or Memoirs. A submission deadline for contributions
of 31st January 2004 is anticipated. Both reviews and papers describing
new results are encouraged.
- If you wish to apply for financial support, an indication of this,
with an explanation of your circumstances. Financial aid will be available
to help a few applicants.